Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Blogger Recognition Award!

Iris tagged me for the Blogger recognition award! Thank you, Iris! Very sweet of you. :)
Rules: 
-Thank the blogger who nominated you (thanks again, Iris :).
-Tell a little bit about how you started blogging.
-Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
-Nominate 15 other bloggers 

Okay, well, here goes!

I had been thinking about starting a blog for a couple months, and my main hangup was trying to think of a name and a topic. Yeah, both are pretty important for starting a blog. I was undecided for a while, especially because my dearest little sister was against the idea. Finally, one day, I asked her again, "Should I start a blog?" This time, she said yes. Half an hour later, I had a blog called Rae: A Drop of Golden Sun (I had been toying with the name for a while, but I wasn't sure if it was too corny :). But I still wasn't quite sure what to blog about...so I toyed around with Christmas posts (it was December) but soon my Jane Austen-related posts became more frequent when I realised that was the kind of post I most enjoyed writing. Of course, it took me a while to get the hang of how to get people to read my posts...which leads me to my first piece of advice:
-Comment on other peoples' blogs if you want people to comment on yours. I started out sharing my posts on Google+ and while that got me views, it didn't get me many comments. Then I realised maybe I could comment on other people's blogs...so I started doing that. And then the people who owned those blogs looked at my blog...and then they started commenting and following, too! 
-My next piece of advice: Don't get discouraged if you feel like nobody reads comments on or follows your blog. Yes, it is frustrating and discouraging. But don't give up, keep writing lovely posts, and comment on and follow other peoples' blogs--and they might just do the same for you!

Now...do I even know 15 other bloggers? Let's see...

Anyone with blue eyes
Anyone who plays a musical instrument
Anyone who is barefoot
Anyone who feels like I should have tagged them

There, does that count? ;)

Thanks again for tagging me, Iris!!!

9 comments:

  1. Ooh! This will be so much fun!!!!!!!! Thanks, Rae!

    Very good advice! I recently learned that same thing, and I am so glad you are sharing it so others don´t go through discouraging non-comment phases.

    Haha, I am totally stealing your idea for tagging people, I doubt I know 15 other bloggers either!
    ~E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to read your post! I'm heading over there in a minute!

      Delete
  2. Thanks again Rae! I just posted the tag. :) And I'm on the list four times! (barefoot, blue-eyed, and plays an instrument):) BTW it's so cool that we started blogging at the same time! And you have great advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about to go read it!
      Haha, that's funny. :)
      That's so cool! I didn't know you started at the same time! Awesome!
      Thanks. :)

      Delete
  3. Aww, thank you for choosing me dear!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. EXCELLENT advice, Rae! And I'm so glad you started commenting on other people's blogs, because otherwise I may never have met you or found your blog, and that would just be sad. :( You have a lovely blog, Rae! And I think "Rae: A Drop of Golden Sun" is a darling name. Not cheesy in the least. :)

    Thanks so much for tagging me! I'll try to work on my post soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!
      I'm sooooo glad, too!!! It would definitely be tragic if I had never met you or discovered your blog! I adore you and your blog!
      Thank you. :)
      No problem! I look forward to seeing it!

      Delete
  5. No problem!! Loved your post :) And yeah I agree, it's important not to get discouraged, and the more involved you are in the blogging community the more people will be involved in your blog and will want to read and comment!! :)

    ~Iris
    http://getupandoutblog.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for tagging me! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I highly enjoy each comment! Just keep it clean and respectful. I do moderate, but as long as it's clean and respectful I should publish it within a short amount of time. Thank you!
Be sure to click "Notify Me" in the bottom-right corner of the comment box; I always reply to comments!
(I also do not mind comments on old posts at all! They are welcome!)