Monday, November 6, 2017

The Book Lover Tag


Rachel tagged me for "The Book Lover Tag" and it looks super fun! So here we go:

Rules:
Hmm, any guesses? They're about the same as every single other tag...Answer questions, have fun, tag other bloggers. Got it. :D

To the questions, then!

1. If you could rewrite the ending to any book, what would it be?
I think I'm gonna have to go with Mansfield Park. Guys. That ending was so...anticlimactic. I can't exactly blame dear Jane, (("Oh who could blame poor Jane?" "She did her best!" "She did!" "She did her best!")) ((Probably misquoting but brownie points to anyone who gets my reference.)) As I was saying, I don't exactly blame Jane Austen, she was probably feeling sooo done with the book after 300+ pages of dragging things out. I mean, a teensy bit more than a paragraph and a half about the conclusion to Fanny and Edmund would have been nice, but...who could blame poor Jane?

2. Which fictional character are you most like?
I think I've tried to answer a question like this before. Perhaps I can save myself some trouble...Ah, yes. The first tag in *this post*
I would also add Molly Gibson to that list. I think we have similar personalities, and we both are good at understanding people. We're both quiet and are afraid to call attention to ourselves. Also, I think Roger is very much the kind of person I might fall in love with in real life. Mr. Darcy is a nice fictional hero and all, but in real life, I don't know. Roger, though--But I digress. On to the post.

3. Do you have any signed books?
I do, actually. Two. One is a "Main Street" (I think) book by Ann M. Martin, signed by her. The other is the sequel to Holes, Small Steps or something? Signed by Louis Sachar. I'm not particularly attached to either of them, if anyone wants them, let me know and if enough people want them I'll do a giveaway or something. Haha.

4. What's the best book you've read so far this year?

5. Do you have any bookish pet peeves?
Yes, when people attribute movie quotes that weren't in the book to the authour of the book. 
*coughcough*
 
*coughcough*


6. Out of the books you've read this year, what has had your favourite cover?
Oh boy, I don't know. I'm gonna cheat. I read The Inheritance, but not with this cover, but I like this cover.
(By the way, if you haven't read this book, you should. It's the earliest work of Louisa May Alcott's that scholars have found. They found it in archives in a library somewhere, with the preface something like "My first novel, written at the age of seventeen". It's super good.)

7. Is there a book that releases this year that you cannot wait to read?
*whispers* All my favourite authours are dead.

No, not really.

8. What is your favourite non-fiction book?
Hmm, The Hiding Place, by Corrie Ten Boom.
If you want to cry through an entire book, this is the one for you.

9. Do you have any favourite location and/or time period to have a book set in?
Y'all ready for my first L. M. Montgomery answer? (Shocking I haven't mentioned her yet, isn't it?)
Edwardian Canada, Prince Edward Island specifically. 

10. Is there a book that reminds you of something else?
Sometimes when I'm reading a book it reminds me of people I know, or places I've been. Sometimes I'll remember things I thought I'd forgotten, and feel things I know I've felt before. 
Can't really think of examples, though.

This was super fun, thanks so much for tagging me, Rachel!!!

And as a bonus I'll put the questions in a list here if that makes it easier.
1. If you could rewrite the ending to any book, what would it be?
2. Which fictional character are you most like?
3. Do you have any signed books?
4. What's the best book you've read so far this year?
5. Do you have any bookish pet peeves?
6. Out of the books you've read this year, what has had your favourite cover?
7. Is there a book that releases this year that you cannot wait to read?
8. What is your favourite non-fiction book?
9. Do you have any favourite location and/or time period to have a book set in?
10. Is there a book that reminds you of something else?

Now, I tag:
(Ain't linking to y'all's blogs; too much work. Don't worry, I'll have the courtesy to go to your blog and tell you I've tagged you. (And I just realized after I told you all it's "The Book Lovers Tag" and there is no "s" after Lover. Forgive me.))
(Siiigh, I'll link anyway. I can't leave it like that. H'm.)

And of course anyone else who wants to do it!! Feel free to take this tag and say I tagged you if you'd like!

Hope y'all are all having a wonderful week so far...oh yes, it's Monday. Okay, well. 
Anyone else doing NaNoWriMo? I'm doing it for the first time this year, which is exciting! My goal is a full 50,000 words, so, um, here's hoping I make it. As in survive.
Have a lovely week!!!

15 comments:

  1. Wait, what? Are they trying to insult Jane Austen by saying that she wrote that obomination of a quote!? (I don't think that word really works there, but I wanted to say it anyway.)

    Oh! I'm doing NaNoWriMo too! You can do it, Rae! My goal is only 8,000 because what I'm writing for has a maximum words.

    Nice answers!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?! It is quite shocking. I am most seriously displeased. (I think it works just fine. :)

      Oh cool!! Thanks for the encouragement, good luck to you too!

      Thanks for your comment!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, AMEN to your answer for no.5! That is most infuriating. And no. 7...haha, same here!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm glad you agree.
      And yes, it's a problem among us I believe. :D

      Thanks for your comment, Elanor!!

      Delete
  3. Yes, yes to Mansfield Park. I enjoy much of the book, I get frustrated with Edmund yes, but if he had truly seen all his error and stopped excusing Mary everything would be fine. As it is, ugh. I want to slap him good and hard at the end.

    I actually watched the Inheritance movie before the book. . . And I enjoyed it better (sacrilege, I know, but once in a blue moon you know). If you haven't seen it its darling. They moved the setting to late 19th century (so the costumes are STUNNING) and to America. Its one of those almost Hallmark happy movies (although better than Hallmark of course).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, eugh, Edmund. He could have used a good slap for sure.

      Oh, I have seen the movie. And it was a perfectly charming, darling movie. I will say I loved it a lot, because it was so absolutely different from the book, changing almost everything except names, that I quite forgot it wasn't something else entirely and enjoyed it for its own sake. Sometimes being that different is a bad thing, but ohhhh, that movie was amazing. I really agree.

      Thanks for your comment, Livia Rachelle!

      Delete
  4. I've got to stop reading these book lover tags; after your post alone I've expanded my reading list by five books! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know, right? The struggle.
      Thanks for commenting, Abby!!

      Delete
  5. I'm actually reading Mansfield Park for the first time right now, so I'm curious now to see how I like the ending!
    The Inheritance sounds interesting! I shall have to add it to my (endless) to-read list. ;)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope I didn't spoil anything! Though of course Jane Austen is somewhat difficult to spoil. Everyone gets married to someone in the end. :D
      It is good! But yes, I get the endless reading list part. :p
      Thanks for your comment, Molly Rebekah!!

      Delete
    2. Don't worry, you didn't spoil anything! Like you said, it's hard to spoil the endings of Jane Austen novels, haha. :)
      I actually finished reading Mansfield Park yesterday and would have to agree with what you said; while I did enjoy it, the ending was a bit anticlimactic!

      Delete
  6. Lovely post, Rae!

    Yaaaaaayyyy!!!!!! Another Wrimo!!! You can do it, Rae! It's my first NaNoWriMo as well so it you want another writing buddy my username is StoryGirl7 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Oh yay!!! I'm not doing much at all with the site itself, I created a profile but that's it. Now it's almost over! Crazy!

      Thanks for your comment, Emma!!

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I highly enjoy each comment! Just keep it clean and respectful. I do moderate, but as long as it's clean and respectful I should publish it within a short amount of time. Thank you!
Be sure to click "Notify Me" in the bottom-right corner of the comment box; I always reply to comments!
(I also do not mind comments on old posts at all! They are welcome!)