Monday, December 11, 2017

Guess Who Missed Her Blogiversary Again?

Last year, I was three days late, and I put a bit in the end of a tag post. This year I'm only two days late. I was rather busy on Saturday, December 9th, which was the two-year anniversary of my blog.


But anyway, I've been blogging for 2 years! That seems so crazy to me! I can't quite believe it's been that long. 

I sure have come a long way in those two years, though. Dearie me, I was but -- years old when I started it, and that wasn't my best, least awkward age! My writing most certainly was not the best. To be sure, I couldn't exactly say it's improved sometimes, but other times I would certainly hope it has. 
I wrote a whole lot of P&P posts in those days. Of course, I still do, but those were the times when I was figuring out what I wanted my blog to be about, and I discovered blogs like The P&P 95 Forever Club, Wonderland Creek, Sunshiny Corner, and others like those and I thought, "I love Pride and Prejudice, I can write posts like that!"
 
My most viewed post and the first post people really commented on was my Pride and Prejudice "My Face When" post. (I was so proud of it at the time, but I read it again recently and goodness me, a great deal of it is quite cringy and very "wow I wrote that a while ago":) And once I saw how popular that was, Pride and Prejudice my blog became.
I remember finally figuring out that I should have a header (dear readers, one of the most marked improvements of my blog has got to be the design. It started out simply dreadful and tacky. I declare with certainty that once I had a header, my popularity went up, and that it was an influential factor.)
This was the first real header I put on my blog (I had a simply dreadful one for about a day. I shall not include it. May anyone who saw it and remembers it please forget it, thank you.)

Anyway, I put this header up and that's when my blog became more credible, I think. 

Anyway, I experimented with various types of posts, eventually figuring out what people liked and didn't. 

One of the most important things I learned? Comment on other people's blogs. That's how I've made all my blogging friends--comments. Which is quite obvious, really. How else are people supposed to get to know you, and the other way 'round, if you don't communicate in some way? And in the blogging world, commenting is most obvious.
So I started commenting on the blogs I found. I think, if I remember right, I found Naomi's blog through the P&P '95 Forever Club, and Miss March's blog from hers, all through comments. And then eventually I got the courage up to comment on these people's blogs; I believe beginning with Naomi's. And from there, I've made so many lovely friends and discovered so many lovely blogs!

Looking at my posts, I'm becoming fairly certain I started commenting on people's blogs around March of 2016, for that's when people started commenting on my posts, and looking back at those comments, the friendships were just forming! 
For the third time, I mention Naomi and Miss March, because they were pretty much my first blogging friends. You two made me feel so special and gave me such encouragement to see that there were people out there like me! Thank you both so much!
A few others who gave me encouraging comments towards the beginning include Melody, Olivia, Miss Evie, Cordy, Anna, and Abby. Huge thank you to you all!!!
A few more have been around for a while, Esther, Molly Rebekah, Rachel, and Miss Elizabeth--thanks to all of you for your support and friendship!
A huge thank you to all of you who have commented on my blog, so I can get to know you and your blog better! You all are the best.

And also a general huge thank you to all of you who have supported me in different ways through the last couple of years! And not only those who have been reading my blog for a while, but also those who have joined me recently! Thank you, thank you, to you all!

In fact, another special thank you to those who have only joined my blog in the past few months. My dears, don't be feeling left out or unappreciated by any means! In fact, if anything, feel glad you didn't have to see my bad writing first, haha. I'm so happy to know you all, and your support means every bit as much to me! Your comments make my day! I'm so happy to have met so many of you kindred spirits! I would try to list you all, but I would be terrified of leaving someone out, because the numbers grow and it's not so easy to list everyone as it used tobe. But thank you to everyone else who I haven't mentioned! I'm so glad I've met you and thanks for your support and friendship here!

I'm so glad I decided to start a blog two years ago! It's brought me such happiness and fun in my life, and I've found so many people like me! Thanks to you all for being here!

16 comments:

  1. Happy Blogoversary!!!

    I also found a lot of my blogging buddies through comments on other blogs!! Comment stalking is definitely an effective way to find blogs *nods*.

    Heehee, I get you on the header thing. I think mine also got better once I had headers for them. And Google+ helped a lot too.

    So glad to be a follower here! :)

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!

      Yes, agreed! Haha.

      Yes, thank goodness I improved my look. I assure you, it was dreadful. I used Google+ at first, but I didn't have much luck with it. It got me views, but not much else. Haha.

      I'm so happy you're here! I love hearing from you!!!

      Thanks so much for your comment, Catherine!!

      Delete
  2. Aaw, happy Blogaversary, Rae!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elanor!!! So happy to have met you, dear!!

      Delete
  3. CONGRATS RAE!!!!!! How cool that you have been here for two years!! Reading your blog defintely makes my day (especially the P&P, L. M. Mongomery, and all your posts!!)!!

    Have a lovely rest of December!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, MovieCritic!!! Your comments totally make my day too!!! Thanks so much for being here!! (And thanks for appreciating the P&P and L. M. Montgomery, especially considering those are my favorite topics! Haha.)

      The same to you, dear!

      Delete
  4. Yay! Two years!! Happy anniversary, dear Rae!! You're blog is awesome! And you're doing a fantabulous job.

    Thanks for reaching out and commenting on my blog so many months ago.
    I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!! And I'm so glad I met you. Thanks for all the lovely posts and for your sweet friendship!! *hugs*

    May your blog continue to be a "Rae of sunshine" for many more years to come!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Miss March!!!

      Aww, all that to you, Miss March!! Love you, dear!!!

      You're the sweetest!!!

      Delete
  5. Awww happy birthday to this lovely blog 🎊🎉🎆 I always love visiting and your kind, cheerful personality shines through every post! 💕 Love you, Rae xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww Rae, congrats on your two-year blogiversary!! I'm so, so glad to have discovered your blog; your posts are always such a delight to read, and you truly are a kindred spirit! :) And thank YOU for all of your support and sweet comments on my blog! I believe you were one of my very first readers, so thanks for sticking around pretty much since the beginning. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWW, thank you so much, Molly Rebekah!!! I'm so happy to have met you and I LOVE your blog, too!! Thanks for your absolutely sweet comment!!! <3 <3

      Delete
  7. Well, I'm always missing my blogiversary too. Haha, so I'm with you, Rae. :) However, congrats on two years of blogging! You have a wonderful spot here in the blogging world! :D

    I'm sure you have holiday plans so there's no pressure here, but I tagged you:
    http://writeoncordy.blogspot.com/2017/12/winter-wonderland-tag.html
    Play if you think you'd like to. Otherwise, skip it. :D

    Merry Christmas!!
    ~Cordy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you, Cordy!!!

      Goodness, I need to get caught up with this stuff. I'll see if I get to it, that is if it can be done after Christmas, and thank you so much for tagging me!!

      Merry Christmas, a day late, to you too!!

      Delete
  8. Well AW! Happy Blogiversary!! Sorry I'm so late to commenting I forgot my password! :D *hugs friend*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, it's totally fine!! Thank you!! *hugs back* <3 <3

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I highly enjoy each comment! Just keep it clean and respectful. I do moderate, but as long as it's clean and respectful I should publish it within a short amount of time. Thank you!
Be sure to click "Notify Me" in the bottom-right corner of the comment box; I always reply to comments!
(I also do not mind comments on old posts at all! They are welcome!)