Monday, December 4, 2017

Jumbled Ramblings + New Old Blog Look

Wellll, y'all, I'm back, and it feels like I've been gone for a long, long time. 

NaNoWriMo completely took up the month of November for me. And then with writing 1-3,000 words per day, by the time I finished, I didn't want to do anything else on the computer and certainly no more writing, posts or comments. There's my excuse, readers, and that's all I've got. 
Anyway, I'm currently trying to at least read y'all's blog posts, and hopefully leave comments, but please excuse if I don't comment on your posts from earlier in the month. I certainly wish I could have, but I must attempt to keep sane, you know. 

On the other hand, I did get to 50,000 words last month!!! Yay!!! So to me, at least, my lack of participation in the blogging world was worth it. :D

(Pretty much I'm literally just switching between writing this post and commenting on posts. Let us all hope I do not mix the two up, though I don't see how that's hardly likely. Though I daresay if I had gotten any less sleep last night I'd manage it.)

Y'all (guys I swear I say y'all more since I moved out of The South) (Wait, y'all don't know where I moved from do you?) (Though really, with you Americans at least, I've said y'all enough to imply that I'm from somewhere in the south, right?) (All right, Rae, enough.)
Well. Now I can't remember what I was about to say when I said that original "Y'all". Oh, well, perhaps it will come back.

(At this point this post is becoming something rather un-publishable)
You must excuse my writing, though. It's NaNoWriMo's fault. You'd think, perhaps, it would make me a better writer, which it did, but only when I'm writing "for real". When I blog that is my time to write freely. Okay? Good. 

Now, where was I?

I think I was going to say something about how I only have five more posts to read. 
Finished. :)

Oh! Yes! So my blog look, I decided to just keep the same one as last year. I love how it looked and I'm not willing to try to beat it. :)

Alllll righty...Have I anything further to say? I don't think so. 
Allow me to apologize for the jumbled ramble-ness of this post and y'all be glad it's rather short. (Even though I've been writing it for several hours. I kept switching over to y'all's blog posts.)
Perhaps I shall get to making a real post sometime. 

For now, hope you all have a loverly week, and merry Christmas season to you all!

13 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your festive look! Nice to see you back, Rae, and congrats on meeting your NaNo goal:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on NaNoWriMo!! I was doing it, but I wasn't trying for 50,000 (which is good 'cause I didn't even get half of that).

    This look is so lovely! I am glad you put it back up! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As this was my first and perhaps my last (at least for a while) time doing NaNo, I decided to go all for it. I hope your experience went well!!

      Aw, thank you!!!

      Delete
  3. I remember this look and it is fabulous so I can see why you'd want to keep it. :D

    YOU COMPLETED NANOWRIMO, THAT'S FANTASTIC!!!! GREAT JOB!! Is this your first year for NaNoWriMo or have you participated previously? Do we get any hint as to your story?

    I liked this post because it reminded me of a post I did after my first accomplished NaNoWriMo. Your brain is a changed thing, and getting it back in normally working order is hard. So babble...happens. Hahaha.

    Don't worry about catching up in the blogging world. I think we all know how that works and how it doesn't. ;)

    Anyway, have a Merry Christmas!!!

    ~Cordy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks. :D

      THANK YOU! It was my first year. It's the first time I've felt like I've had time to attempt it. As to my story...maybe later. :D

      Haha, yes, you get it!

      Thanks, Cordy. :)

      Thank you! Thanks for your comment!! <3

      Delete
  4. YOU'RE BACK! HURRAY!!

    But wait. WHAAAAT? YOU WROTE 50,000 WORDS???!! HOW WHEN WHERE?? THAT IS AWESOME, RAE!!! Just wow!! I'm so proud of you!!! :D :D :D

    You're right. You do say "y'all" a lot. Heehee. ;)

    You have a great week, too! And MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! (We can say that all throughout December, right? :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you. *hugs* It's good to be back.

      Yes I did! How, I'm not sure, honestly. When? Largely in the month of November but I confess I had started before so it wasn't quiiiiite 50,000 in November itself. Where? In my living room and bedroom, mostly.
      (I know, I know, you didn't mean it. But there are your answers anyway. ;D)
      BUT THANK YOU!!!!

      Haha, I'm afraid I do. In normal speech, too. I'm honestly not sure whether I say it more since I moved or I just notice it more because people don't say it here. Haha.

      Yes, Merry Christmas is acceptable anytime at this point!!

      Thanks for your comment, dear!!!

      Delete
    2. Of COURSE it was in November. I knew that! *eye roll* Really though, you're too funny. And I suppose I did "ask" for it. Heehee. ;P

      Delete
  5. Ooh, I love your Christmassy blog look, Rae! I remember it from last year and it is SO cute. (I used the same blog look from Christmas last year, too, because I was too lazy to come up with a new one! Haha.)

    Wow, 50,000 words?! Rae, that is amazing!!! Congratulations!

    I live in the south so I say y'all all the time, without even realizing it. It's only when I pay attention to it that I notice how many times I say it! Haha. ;)

    I enjoyed this post, Rae! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you!! Yours is gorgeous, too; I don't blame you for reusing it!

      Thank you!!

      Haha, you understand then! My vote is for the fact that I have always said it a lot and I only notice now that people don't say it here. I don't believe I shall change my ways easily!

      Thanks for your comment, Molly!!

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I highly enjoy each comment! Just keep it clean and respectful. I do moderate, but as long as it's clean and respectful I should publish it within a short amount of time. Thank you!
Be sure to click "Notify Me" in the bottom-right corner of the comment box; I always reply to comments!
(I also do not mind comments on old posts at all! They are welcome!)